The amount of money that you need to have available to be approved a study permit doesn’t vary by the stream you opt for. All that changes is who holds the funds. For those who opt for the SDS the funds are held by a bank in the form of a GIC, and by the university, in the form of a transfer for the first year’s tuition. However those who opt for the regular stream (non-SDS) have to show that they have the same amount of liquid funds available. 

The amount of funds doesn’t change. Just who holds them. 

Irrespective of which stream you pick, a good Cover Letter, Education Strategy, Financial Support Letter, and comprehensive Financial Documentation are key to submitting an application that will be approved. 

Check out our video for more details, or reach out to one of our strategists.